Laknar/Selway Public Park
help us create a new a park on the Beaverhead river!
One our communities prized resources is the Beaverhead River, but we have few opportunities to walk/bike easily and safely, and then enjoy it! BTC has an exciting opportunity to transform a primitive area into a beautiful public park with river access at Laknar Lane/Selway Drive.
We are developing plans to:
- install a proper put in/take out, with parking room for several boat trailers
- landscape the existing trees and native grasses
- install an interpretive, educational sign with information on the area's ecology
- restore and improve the riparian habitat
Update on the project:
- The Beaverhead Trails Coalition has grant funding to reclaim Montana Department of Transportation land along the Beaverhead River in north Dillon to create a public park with fishing access.
- This project is in coordination with the DOT and Montana Fish Wildlife and Parks.
- The Montana FW&P will hold the park permit and provide landscape architectural support for the site plan.
- The proposed park and public fishing access site is adjacent the junction of Laknar Lane and Selway Drive along the Beaverhead River.
- There will be river access, a short trail, picnic table(s), and an interpretive sign.
- There is an existing primitive boat ramp which will be improved for putting in or taking out for floating the river.
- There will be parking for cars and vehicles with boat trailers.
- There are no current public parks in north Dillon thus this will provide a new recreational and outdoor opportunity for our citizens and visitors.
We are now in the comment period for this Environmental Assessment and that’s where we need your help. You can review the document at this link http://fwp.mt.gov/news/publicNotices/environmentalAssessments/develop mentImprovementsAndEnhancements/pn_0380.html .
Written comments will be accepted until 5:00 pm, April 4, 2018 and can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to the address below:
Selway Bridge FAS Proposed Project
1400 South 19th Avenue
Bozeman, MT 59718
We have recently received generous grant funding from the LOR Foundation in support of this project, as well as community support from UMW, YMCA, Barrett Hospital, City of Dillon and Beaverhead County.
Due to the size of this project, we will need additional help! Here are a few ways you can help:
- Donate! We have a good start but will need additional funding to complete it. This could be general or in-kind donations
- Become a member!
- Volunteer! Contact us through our Facebook page or this site and be connected to the project you would like to help with.
For more information on the LOR Foundation, go their website.
Here are a few more great shots of the area before improvement!