Laknar/Selway Public Park
help us create a new a park on the Beaverhead river!
One our communities prized resources is the Beaverhead River, but we have few opportunities to walk/bike easily and safely, and then enjoy it! BTC has an exciting opportunity to transform a primitive area into a beautiful public park with river access at Laknar Lane/Selway Drive.
We are developing plans to:
- install a proper put in/take out, with parking room for several boat trailers
- landscape the existing trees and native grasses
- install an interpretive, educational sign with information on the area's ecology
- restore and improve the riparian habitat
We have recently received generous grant funding from the LOR Foundation in support of this project, as well as community support from UMW, YMCA, Barrett Hospital, City of Dillon and Beaverhead County.
Due to the size of this project, we will need additional help! Here are a few ways you can help:
- Donate! We have a good start but will need additional funding to complete it. This could be general or in-kind donations
- Become a member!
- Volunteer! Contact us through our Facebook page or this site and be connected to the project you would like to help with.
For more information on the LOR Foundation, go their website.
Here are a few more great shots of the area before improvement!